There’s just something about a good cannoli that’s incomparable. They’re not overly sweet, like a chocolate lava cake (though, there’s nothing wrong with a chocolate lava cake!), but they’re just the right amount of sweet to satisfy your dessert craving.
There’s a shop in New Haven where I grew up called Libby’s. It’s on Wooster Street, which is just one little street by the highway… but it’s as Little Italy as it gets. The lines for Pepe’s Pizza stretches around the parking lot, and there are old Italian men hanging around their stoops on summer days. Libby’s? It has the best, most diverse cannoli selection I could ever dream of, and it’s always such a treat to indulge in one after stuffing myself full of New Haven pizza.
But, how do you get that cannoli flavor without traveling to Connecticut or Italy? The solution is simple: you concoct this simple dip!
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cookies or ice cream cones for dipping
- Mix ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a different bowl, whip the cream until it's at peak consistency.
- Fold whipped cream into the ricotta mixture, gently.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Serve with whatever you want to use to dip, and enjoy!
Please SHARE this awesome recipe with your friends and family, so they can get a taste of Little Italy as well!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.