If you love the decadent flavor of Italian pastry, you need to try our rich and creamy cannoli cupcakes!
Inspired by the classic crispy dessert, these cupcakes combine the yummy flavor of a perfect vanilla cupcake with the buttery depth of sweet cheese filling.
They’re the perfect treat for everyone who loves traditional cannolis, but wants an easier way to get the same flavor at home!
If you really want to go wild, you can even throw in a batch of our yummy cannoli dip on the side.
To pull this recipe together, you need all your classic bakery fixings for a batch of cakes, and plenty of sweet ricotta and mascarpone cheese to create the fluffy, whipped filling inside.
Naturally, you’ll also want a few chocolate chips to really make these cannoli cupcakes pop.
If this sounds like your kind of treat, scroll through below to check out the recipe and print it out to try at home!
1⁄2tsps. baking powder
- 8 Tbsps. butter
- 2 eggs
1⁄4tsps. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
1⁄2lb. mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
3⁄4cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup
- Chopped pistachios
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir together.
- In a second bowl, combine sugar and butter. Cream together. Fold in two eggs, one at a time.
- In a third bowl, combine milk, 2 1/4 tsps. vanilla.
- Gradually combine all bowls of ingredients, folding in just a third of ingredients from each bowl at a time.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, and bake 22 minutes at 350 °F.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, mascarpone, and confectioner's sugar. Whip together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cut a cone shape in the top of each cupcake, and stuff with frosting. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and crumbled pistachio.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.