Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and one of the most fun times of the year, but safety remains paramount on the big day, especially if you have kids and plan on going trick-or-treating.
These simple tips and tricks, courtesy of WikiHow, on how you can help you avoid any dangers or hazards associated with Halloween candy.
You may trust your neighbors, but it’s always a good idea to check that stash of treats just in case.
Please SHARE these important tips and tricks with all of your friends and family this year, so that everyone can have a safe and enjoyable Halloween!
1. Don't let your kids eat anything until you get home and check the candy first.
2. To avoid them being tempted to snack on the candy, make sure they've had something to eat before going out.
3. Once you've gotten home, inspect the candy carefully under a bright light.
4. If any candy just doesn't look or feel right, throw it out. You're better safe than sorry.
5. Throw out any candy that's been repackaged in a bag, as it may have been tampered with and rewrapped.
6. Discard any homemade treats from strangers, including popcorn balls and caramel apples.
7. Throw away any cookies, brownies or baked goods from people you don't know.
8. As for fruit, wash it first, then slice it into small pieces, checking for needles, razor blades, pins and shards of glass.
9. Remember not to let your kids eat TOO much candy at once! Set some candy eating guidelines for your kids so they don't get a stomachache.
10. If you find any hazardous candy or candy that's been tampered with, contact the police immediately and report it.
Please SHARE this important information with everyone you know this Halloween!