Candy canes are a holiday staple. Their burst of peppermint flavor is both warm and cool at the same time, just perfect for a winter night!
And pairing the fresh mintiness with rich chocolate? Well, that just makes sense. You might be all about stirring your hot cocoa with a candy cane, but what about when you’re looking for something a little more decadent?
This holiday season, indulge in a dessert that’s rich, festive, and sure to wow a crowd, but is also pretty easy to make. That’s because candy canes are kind of the perfect addition to pretty much any recipe, even Rice Krispies treats.
Just crush them into chewable bits by placing them in a Ziploc bag and gently hammering with a kitchen mallet or a rolling pin, and you’re good to go!
Check out the recipe below to learn how to make this fluffy, winter-wonderland dessert, and watch the video to see it made before your eyes.
Then whip some up, pop in your favorite holiday classic, and you’ll be in holiday heaven. SHARE this recipe with anyone who loves to go all out for the holidays.
- 1 9" x 13" pan baked brownies
- 1 cup chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce
1⁄4tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
1⁄4cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsps. light corn syrup
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- Bake your brownies as normal. Make sure not to overbake them.
- Cut brownies into small, bite-size chunks and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate syrup and peppermint extract in a small bowl.
- In another bowl beat whipping cream, corn syrup, and powdered sugar until thick.
- Put your candy canes in a Ziploc bag and gently hammer with a rolling pin or a kitchen mallet until crushed.
- In a dessert bowl, layer brownies, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and candy cane bits until full.
- Top with more candy canes and serve!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.