I’ve always wanted to be someone who could just whip together cookies or cake from scratch anytime my friends or family members were coming over. Unfortunately, I just wasn’t blessed with the baking gene.
Every time I try to make something from scratch, it always comes out just a little bit wrong, which is really disappointing when you think you’ve finally succeeded in pulling off a delicious dessert!
But baking is hard. It’s way more scientific than cooking, and it requires a lot of precision. This is why I usually make brownies out of a box or cookies from a premade dough.
If you’re anything like me, you probably know how much more rewarding it would be to be able to make a dessert, like cake, from scratch.
So instead of buying yet another boxed cake mix, try this super simple recipe that will make baking a cake manageable for even the worst bakers out there.
I’m serious! This “cake for dummies” recipe is so simple. And once you try it, you’ll never go back to buying premade cakes.
This truly is the easiest cake recipe out there. Follow along with the video to make a delicious “cake for dummies.”
1⁄4cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick softened, unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar and butter. Cream with electric whisk.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each one.
- Pour half of flour mixture into sugar, butter, and egg mixture. Whisk, then add the rest of the flour.
- Add milk and whisk to combine.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then remove cake from the pan.
- Once cake is cool, cover it in frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.