When it comes to baked goods, cupcakes are a true crowd-pleaser. You could be at a school bake sale or a sophisticated, adults-only event — the cupcake tray will never stay full for very long.
One of the best parts about cupcakes is that you don’t have to be a professional pastry chef to make them look like they could belong in the bakery’s window display.
These beautiful rose cupcakes are proof that anyone can make a beautiful cupcake creation if they put their mind to it.
In fact, this recipe for chocolate butterfly wing cupcakes is similar in the sense that they are easy to make and, frankly, almost too pretty to eat.
Use your favorite boxed cake mix as the base for this recipe. Don’t worry about cutting these corners; the rest of the details will more than make up for it.
The secret to making these adorable butterfly wing toppers is all in the stencil and the drying method. Choose a butterfly outline that you think will be easy enough to trace with the help of a makeshift icing bag.
What really makes these butterflies look like they were made at a chocolate shop is the drying method. Luckily, you don’t need any fancy equipment to achieve this. All you need is a book!
Watch the video below to learn how to make these adorable cupcakes.
- 1 box confetti cake mix
- 1 cup water
1⁄3cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsps. vegetable oil (for chocolate)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
1⁄2cup butter, softened
- 5 to 10 drops vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the cupcakes, combine the mix, eggs, water, and oil, then beat until smooth. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwaveable dish and mix in with 2 tbsps. vegetable oil before melting in the microwave.
- Line a jar with a freezer bag, and pour in the melted chocolate to create an icing bag.
- Cover a butterfly stencil with wax paper. Trace the outline of the butterfly with the melted chocolate.
- Once complete, set the wax paper in the binding of a book to create a fluttering pose. Let harden for an hour.
- Combine the powdered sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Ice the cupcakes, and carefully remove the butterflies from the wax paper.
- Top the cupcakes with the butterflies and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.