If you love breakfast as much as I do, you probably have a whole roster of recipes at the ready for when you’re in a sweet or savory mood in the morning.
Well, we have the newest MVP for the “savory” file: broccoli cheddar muffins!
These flavorful, tangy muffins combine the irresistible texture of a breakfast pastry with the rich taste of melty cheddar cheese and the earthiness of broccoli. It’s a great way to have an indulgent breakfast and sneak in a few veggies, too!
Pair these yummy biscuits with something similarly simple, like our tasty crustless quiche. Heck, save them for later in the day and eat them as an afternoon snack!
Our broccoli cheddar muffins might be great for breakfast, but they are too delicious to confine to just one time of day!
If you agree and can’t wait to whip up a batch of these yourself, scroll through below to print out the recipe!
- 1 cup ground broccoli florets, raw
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1⁄2cup chopped bacon
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
1⁄2stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Put broccoli florets in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground broccoli, cheese, flour, bacon, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine milk, butter, and egg. Whisk well.
- Pour milk mixture over broccoli mixture, and stir until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake 20 minutes at 375 °F.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.