Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and, coincidentally, my favorite meal of the day!
There’s something about waking up and starting your morning with something delicious in your system that turns up your motivation and makes you feel like you can take on anything the day dishes out.
When it comes to making a tasty breakfast, traditional morning meals are always a safe bet, whether you decide to dig into a stack of pancakes or these amazing cornbread waffles.
But adding a few more savory, protein-packed elements into your morning can better ensure that you are well-fed and completely full until lunch.
An easy way to do this is to take your favorite foods for lunch or dinner, and incorporate breakfast-friendly foods into them.
This can easily be done with anything requiring a flour tortilla, like tacos, burritos, and, of course, taquitos!
We’ve created an easy recipe for delicious breakfast taquitos that incorporate all of your favorite savory breakfast items.
So check out our recipe below and get ready to turn breakfast on its head by introducing these yummy taquitos into your morning routine.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 3 large eggs, scrambled
- 6 corn tortillas, softened
- 6 oz. spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1⁄4julienned sun dried tomatoes, drained
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
- Place all of the ingredients onto one side of the softened corn tortilla.
- Carefully roll up the tortilla and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve while warm, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.