They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I can’t help but agree!
Not only does it set the tone for your whole day from the get-go, I always find that cooking myself a simple breakfast wakes me up and gets me in gear to face the day.
The right breakfast can make all the difference. If I know that I’m going to have a stressful day full of meetings, for example, I might whip up a batch of these maple-glazed waffles as a special treat.
And if I need to hit the ground running first thing in the morning, I’ll always go for a healthy, nutrient-dense recipe that will help me stay clear-headed and on top of things all day long!
If that’s the kind of day you find yourself facing, well, all the time, then this is the perfect moment to get acquainted with a tasty, vitamin-packed breakfast that will stick to your ribs.
This recipe is a twist on a simple baked potato, except it employs sweet potato, eggs, and bacon for a morning meal chock-full of nutritious goodness! Print out the recipe below to make this hearty breakfast at home!
- 3 sweet potatoes
1⁄2a package of bacon
- 1 whole onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
1⁄2tsp. salt 1⁄2tsp. pepper
- 6 eggs
- Bake potatoes 45 minutes at 400 °F.
- Fry bacon until crisp, then remove meat without draining bacon grease.
- In the bacon grease, combine onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Scoop the insides out of each baked potato, and put potato skins aside.
- Add sweet potato and crumbled bacon to onion mixture. Sauté thoroughly.
- Stuff the potato and bacon mixture into potato skins.
- Crack one egg into each potato skin, on top of potato stuffing.
- Top with bacon and continue cooking another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.