Breakfast is the best meal of the day for a reason: All the best foods are breakfast foods!
There are so many flavors to choose from, whether you want to go the savory route with an egg dish, or sweet with fluffy waffles and — of course — pancakes!
Pancakes are one the most beloved breakfast foods — what’s not to love? It’s basically like having dessert for your first meal of the day.
You can also add almost anything you’d like to the batter. I bet some of you out there are putting plenty of pumpkin or apple cider flavors into yours for fall.
Fruits, like blueberries and apples, are also a perfect pairing with fluffy pancakes.
But have you ever tried adding peaches to them?
Yummy juicy peaches make pancakes even more sweet, and they add a new twist on the already beloved breakfast staple.
If you’re curious about whipping some of them up, check out our recipe below.
- 1 peach
2⁄3cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
1⁄4tsp. ground cinnamon 1⁄2tsp. baking soda 1⁄4tsp. salt
- Cut your peach into thin slices then set aside.
- Add the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, maple syrup, lemon juice, and melted butter to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the eggs to the mixture and stir to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in your Greek yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and combine.
- Ladle the batter onto a hot griddle and place 2 peach slices on top.
- Flip when small bubbles start to form, then continue cooking the other side until it is ready.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter, serve with syrup and other desired additives, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.