They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In my case, it also happens to be my favorite meal of the day — a delicious homemade meal is the best way to start out any day.
Now that the weekend is almost here, it’s time to treat myself to an extra-special breakfast that includes nutrition-packed eggs.
I’ve tried all kinds of easy-to-make recipes. But when I saw a recipe for delicious and crispy ham, egg and cheese bread bowls, I knew I had to try it immediately.
Have you ever had a good bowl of soup in a nice, doughy bread bowl? Well, it turns out bread bowls aren’t just for soup anymore: they’re for eggs, too!
The best part about these creative and convenient bread bowls is that you can fill them with whatever you want. I personally love to make this morning meal with Eggland’s Best eggs, ham, cheese and parsley.
There is also a trick to getting the eggs “just right.” When you place the egg bread bowls into the oven to bake, you can cook them for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the type of yolk you want. (For example, 10 minutes equals very runny yolks; 15 minutes will give you firm yolks; and anything over 15 minutes will result in very cooked yolks.)
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make these yummy egg bread bowls.
- 4 bread rolls
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs
- 4 slices ham
- 8 tbsp. mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cut the tops off the bread rolls.
- Scoop out the center. To be neat, use a small knife to cut a round outline before scooping out the center.
- Line the bread bowl with a layer of ham. Try to use one whole piece if you can, because there is less chance of egg seeping through and being soaked up by the bread.
- Crack in an Eggland's Best egg.
- Top each with 2 tbsp. of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.
- Wrap with foil and place in oven to bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, unwrap and serve immediately.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.