Son Swallows Dog’s Toy, Mom Loses It When Squeaky Noise Comes Out Of Mouth

by Emerald Pellot
Emerald Pellot graduated summa cum laude from New York University with a degree in Writing & Popular Culture. She worked as Senior Editor of College Candy for 2 years, covering feminism, popular culture, and college life before joining LittleThings in 2015. Based in New York City, Emerald covers a wide range of topics from human interest pieces to celebrity news.

No one can believe this footage of a little boy named Anthony laying in his hospital bed. The exchange between him and the woman filming it says it all.

The woman, believed to be Anthony’s mother, asks him what happened to land him in the emergency room.

“I inhaled the doggy toy,” Anthony responds.

“How can you tell?” she asks.

Then Anthony inhales and exhales and all that comes out is the squeaky noise of a dog’s toy. Anthony didn’t swallow the entire toy — just the piece of it containing the whistle.

“I’ve been practicing for 37 years and I’ve never had a child squeak at me,” said Dr. Alfred Sacchetti, a spokesperson for the American College of Emergency Physicians and Chief of Emergency Services at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center in Camden, New Jersey.

Fortunately, the noise box was small enough that it didn’t block Anthony’s airways, and he is clearly fine. Choking hazards are no laughing matter, though.

It is all the more important to supervise young children, as accidents do happen. Luckily, this one had a happy ending.

Have you ever swallowed something by accident that you really shouldn’t have? Let us know in the comments!

After all, it did make for quite the funny viral video and millions of views.

Please SHARE this hilarious moment with your family and friends on Facebook!

Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.