kids

Family Warns About The Dangers Of Bounce Houses After Daughter’s Hair Gets Stuck

by Ann-Sophie Kaemmerle
Native New Yorker, University of Virginia graduate, runner, and sometimes stand-up performer.

As a parent, you want to do everything in your power to keep your child safe. You warn them about the dangers of crossing the street without looking both ways, and you tell them to not talk to strangers. But even the children of the most diligent parents get into unfortunate accidents in what seem to be the safest of places.

The parents of a little girl named Angela thought that it would be safe to let her play in a bounce house at an outdoor festival they were attending. After all, there were others inside, and the attraction is made specifically for young children.

A half hour passed before Angela’s father heard what he described as a blood-curdling scream. He rushed to where his daughter was, and found her stuck: her hair was attached to the Velcro that was holding several sections of the bounce house together.

The dad cut out the piece of the bounce house attached to his daughter’s hair and rushed her to the hospital. There, the medical staff couldn’t find an easy way to remove it, so Angela’s mom took matters into her own hands. She took her daughter home, and spent four hours removing the Velcro from Angela’s hair. Now the family is warning other parents to never let their children play in bounce houses, or they could experience the same kind of excruciating pain as Angela did.

Please SHARE this important information with parents of young children!

Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.