Fall holidays like Thanksgiving are a great excuse to gather friends and family together and try out new recipes. Even if you aren’t hosting Thanksgiving dinner, you can volunteer to bring dessert and test out some delicious pie recipes.
This blueberry lemon crostata is a simple dessert that’s filled to the brim with sweet, fruity flavors. And thanks to Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey™ Blueberry Lemon Fruit Spread, all you have to do is prepare your pie crust and fill it with the premade fruit spread for an easy bake.
Your dinner guests will love being taste testers for this delicious blueberry lemon crostata recipe. With so much zest and sweetness from the fruit spread in your crostata, you’ll hardly even miss your usual apple pie.
Check out the ingredients and instructions for the blueberry lemon crostata below, then watch the video to see how it’s made.
Do you know someone who loves to bake? Make sure to SHARE this video with them on Facebook.
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
3⁄4cup butter, cubed
- 1 jar Smucker’s® Fruit and Honey™ Blueberry Lemon Fruit Spread
- 1 egg
- sliced almonds
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt. Add the butter and pulse. Add 3 tbsps. ice water, 1 tbsp. at a time, and pulse until dough begins to form.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and flatten into a disc. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Toast the almond slices.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough and transfer to a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread the jar of Smucker's® Fruit Spread out onto the center of the dough, and roll the bare dough up around the fruit spread to create a crust.
- Combine the egg and milk to make an egg wash and spread it over the crust of the crostata.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 35 minutes.
- Cover with toasted almonds and serve!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.