Personally, I love pasta — unconditionally. I don’t care about the season, temperature, or preparation. In any form, it’s my favorite food.
Still, even an unabashed pasta lover like myself gets sick of the same old recipes after a while; you can only eat pasta with butter and cheese so many times, after all.
That’s why I love livening up the basic base of pasta with some ingredients that add a little zing to an Italian classic, like this delicious recipe for stuffed shells.
Now that it’s summertime, it’s time to try bringing the same attitude to pasta salad, served at a cooler temperature that’s friendlier for those steamier July and August days.
With that in mind, the geniuses in the LittleThings kitchen have come up with a brilliant, super-speedy solution that combines two of the most crave-worthy summertime dishes: Pasta salad and the classic BLT sandwich.
Print out the recipe below to try making this yummy meal for yourself!
- 1 box bow-tie pasta
- 1 lb. thick-cut bacon
1⁄3cup creamy ranch dressing
- 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 10 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring salted water to boil, and cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Cook bacon until crispy, then crumble. Set aside.
- Whisk ranch and Italian dressing together, and toss well with pasta until coated.
- Mix in bacon, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Add salt and pepper, and toss well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.