The great thing about pies is that there are just so many variations to choose from! Whether you’re in the mood for something light and fruity or dark and indulgent, there is a pie out there for you.
When it comes down to it, pretty much the only problem with pies is that they are not exactly portable, and they’re usually a little messy. Also, they often require a plate and fork in order to be fully enjoyed.
Luckily, this recipe for bite-sized pies perfectly fixes that problem! These tiny desserts pack all of the flavor without the need for utensils.
Not only are these chocolate peanut butter pies delicious and decadent, they also have an amazing chocolate crust that only adds to the overall yumminess. The secret to creating the final flaky crust is to use Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening.
Adding Crisco® better ensures that the chocolate crust comes out of the oven with a delectably light texture, which pairs with the creamy peanut butter filling.
Check out our video down below, which details how to bake and assemble the tiny tasty pies (and apologies in advance for making your mouth water).
Don’t forget to SHARE the recipe with fellow pie lovers on Facebook. They aren’t going to want to miss this!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsps. cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsps. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsps. Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 to 8 Tbsps. iced coffee
- 1 cup Jif® peanut butter
- 1 package softened cream cheese
- 1 package whipped topping
- For crust, combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt.
- Add egg yolks and iced coffee.
- Add shortening. Mix all ingredients together.
- Form dough, then cover and chill. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough until it is 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut dough into shapes using a flower cookie cutter.
- Press into the cups of a mini-muffin pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 350 °F.
- To make the peanut butter filling, combine and mix peanut butter, cream cheese, and whipped topping.
- Add filling to a piping bag and pipe into cooled bowls.
- Customize topping to your desires.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.