Valentine’s Day is a great day for love — but it’s also a great time of the year to go shopping. If your Valentine is yourself this year (which, more power to you) why not treat yourself to some new apparel or a fun kitchen tool?
If you think about what you’d be spending on a date out, it’s almost a steal. Plenty of your favorite retailers are offering a big discount for the big day. Even better, it’s not just on flowers and chocolates, the go-to Valentine’s Day favorites. Instead, you can stock up on sweaters. Or, even swim gear — summer is just around the corner, after all.
Of course, it can be intimidating to try and figure out what to buy for yourself. While I’m tempted to say “splurge and buy it all,” I also know that if you’re like me, you feel guilty buying more than one “luxury” item at a time.
But let’s just say this — if you happened to go through a breakup right before the holiday, maybe some retail therapy is just what you need. While a new purse won’t solve the fact that your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend had terrible timing, at least it’ll make you feel confident.
Here’s a roundup of the 10 best items to get from Valentine’s Day sales across the internet.
- Amazon is offering incredible deals on its devices. If you’re in the market for a new Kindle, you’re in luck. A brand new Kindle will be $25 off. Shop Now: Kindle ($64.99, Amazon)
- Overstock is offering “sweet savings” this year for Valentine’s Day. One of those deals? These Women’s “Spokane” Red Zipper Riding Boots, which are a little over $26 off. Shop Now: Riding Boots ($43.19, Overstock)
- Kohl’s is having a Last Minute Gift sales that ends on February 14. Select jewelry, clothes, and fragrances are included. Shop Now: Anti-Stress Hot&Cold Comfort Wrap ($11.25, Kohl’s)
- Bath & Body Works is a wonderful place to stock up on lotions and body wash. For February 13 only, it’s offering select men’s care items for just $5 each. Don’t hesitate on this sale, since it’s huge. Shop Now: Ocean Hair & Body Wash ($5, Bath & Body Works)
- Pottery Barn is celebrating Presidents Day, but hey — a sale is a sale. It has up to 40% off their merchandise for a limited time. Plus, get free shipping with the code WEEKEND. Shop Now: Cozy Cable Knit Throw ($104, Pottery Barn)
- The Gap is offering 30% to 50% off of everything this Valentine’s Day weekend. Sweaters and T-shirts are a good bet, but the brand’s High Rise jeans will make a statement. Shop Now: High Rise Skinny Sailor Jeans ($48, Gap)
- Box Lunch is having a sale that’ll take up to 40% off your Valentine’s Day gift. There’s a lot to choose from if you dig pop culture. Shop Now: “Mrs. Ross” shirt from Friends ($17.34, Box Lunch)
- Barnes & Noble knows that it’s great to buy books in pairs. If you purchase one of its “Book of the Month” titles this month, you’ll get a second one 50% off. Just remember, you need to buy two. Shop Now: “The Lost Man” by Jane Harper ($16.99, Barnes & Noble)
- Ann Taylor Loft is offering 40% off of full-priced styles with the code LOVEU. Shop Now: Striped Textured Poncho Sweater ($41.70 with code, Ann Taylor Loft)
- Macy’s will help you save between 35%-60% off select merchandise with the code LOVE. Shop Now: Anne Klein Double Breasted Pea Coat ($80.74 with code, Macy’s)
Psst: If you choose to purchase an item on this list, LittleThings may receive a small cut. Each item and price is up to date at the time of publication; however, an item may be sold out or the price may be different at a later date.