I love waffles for breakfast in the morning, but I’ve never seen the logic behind not eating them at all hours of the day and night!
As a result, I’m a huge advocate of spectacular culinary innovations like the savory tater tot waffle, and any other variation on the waffle shape.
Of course, it’s not just about shape. A lot of the appeal of the waffle is in the flavor, which is all sugar and delicious maple.
With that in mind, it seems like a natural leap from tasty breakfast food to decadent dessert! Enter the latest creation out of the Little Things kitchen: the scrumptious Belgian Waffle Cake!
You can make a single waffle-and-cake combo, or stack them up for a beautiful marriage of a layer cake and a short stack of waffles. Either way, you won’t be disappointed.
Print out the recipe below to make this stunning cake creation for yourself!
- 2 cups waffle mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. oil,
1⁄2cup oil, divided
1⁄2cups cake mix
- 3 eggs
- Mix waffle mix, 1 cup of water, and 1 Tbsp. of oil thoroughly.
- Pour mix into a waffle press to make 1 waffle. Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients thoroughly, then pour into a greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Center waffle on top of cake mix and bake for 25 minutes at 350 °F.
- Remove from pan and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve hot and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.