Yummy battered, fried bar food is undeniably delicious — nothing tastes better with your favorite beer then something salty, crunchy and calorie-filled.
While there’s definitely a special place in my heart for mozzarella sticks and fried pickles, the best battered bar food around is definitely onion rings.
They are so crunchy and delicious, addictive even, and they are the perfect addition to parties and sporting events.
And they are so simple and delicious, it doesn’t really seems like there is anything that can make them better.
Except, perhaps, a thick delicious beer batter.
Beer batter adds bubbly, yummy beer into an already delicious frying batter, making foods like friend chicken, and fish-n-chips even more delicious.
We have perfected a recipe for the perfect beer batter, and its surprisingly simple to make.
Check below on how to make it — you’ll never want to fry food using any other method ever again.
- ½ cup whole=wheat flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsps. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- ½ cup beer
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tsps. granulated garlic
- 2 tsps. paprika
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2 onions
- Preheat your oven to 430 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, milk, cornstarch. Dijon mustard and beer, stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the panko, sea salt, garlic and paprika, mix to combine.
- Add the olive oil to the panko mixture and roughly combine.
- Cut the onions into ½-inch rings.
- Bread the rings by dipping them in the batter then coating them with the breadcrumbs, then spread them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
And don't forget to SHARE the it with friends and family on Facebook.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.