When I was growing up, my favorite babysitter encouraged me to think about fruit as “nature’s candy.”
At the time, I thought she was just trying to trick me and my brother into eating healthier foods. Who needed “natural” candy when you could enjoy Skittles and Laffy Taffy instead?
But looking back, I realize just how true her words are. The natural sugars found in fruit make them the ideal snack for anyone craving a kick of sweetness. You don’t need to indulge in high-calorie candies or drinks swimming in syrup to enjoy the sweet tastes that Mother Nature supplies on her own.
Even if you are bored of eating fruit the same way every time, you can sweeten up your experience by testing out creative, new recipes. Take this one for example— a simple yet scrumptious recipe for baked banana chips!
Just brush some lemon juice on top of thin banana slices, sprinkle some cinnamon on top, pop them into the oven — and voilà! The finished product may be as crunchy as chips, but it can be enjoyed completely guilt-free!
Take a peek at the ingredients and directions below, then watch the instructional video to learn how to whip up a batch of these healthy chips today.
- ripe bananas
- lemon juice
- ground cinnamon
- Peel three bananas and slice finely (approximately ⅛ inch slices).
- Layer wax paper over a baking pan. Transfer the banana slices to the pan.
- Cover the slices with lemon juice and water using a basting brush.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the slices.
- Bake at 250°F for 1 hour.
- Flip the chips, then bake for another hour.
- Let cool before serving. For an extra kick of flavor, try the chips with vanilla ice cream!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.