If you’re anything like me, there are two things you can’t ever say “no” to, and that’s “bananas” and “bread.” Mix the two together, and I go weak. Now — as if banana bread isn’t already delicious — in this recipe, we’ve added a slightly sweet cream cheese layer that brings this classic banana bread to the next level. Your taste buds will be saying, “Thank you, LittleThings!”
Banana bread is a great breakfast or brunch treat, or dessert! Personally, I think banana bread makes for an excellent side dish at brunch. Brunch is perfect for a sampling of the sweet as well as savory, and no brunch is complete without perfectly fluffy scrambled eggs.
For the bread:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid state coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
Cream cheese filling:
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk together egg and sugar.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla extra, whisk well.
- Mash 2 bananas in separate bowl and then add to mixture, stir well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and pinch of salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, stir well.
- Pour two-thirds of mixture into greased bread pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, cream cheese, and sugar to make filling.
- Pour filling into bread pan and top with remaining bread mixture.
- Smooth with spatula and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Before you make a run for the kitchen, make sure you SHARE this recipe with your friends!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.