With grilling season right around the corner, it’s hard not to start fantasizing about sizzling steak tips and toasty frankfurters.
Fortunately, it won’t be long now before summer is in full swing, and it’s prime time for backyard barbecues, block parties, and warm-weather meals enjoyed in the cool evening air.
With all of that on the horizon, it’s no surprise that we’ve been stockpiling recipes tailor-made for the season, practically since last Labor Day. It started with these itty-bitty cheeseburger sliders, and we just haven’t stopped since!
Now, we’re taking advantage of the opportunity to combine some of our favorite foods in celebration of the deliciousness of grilling season, with the ultimate, unbelievable, totally scrumptious Bacon Weave Burger.
As you may have guessed, it involves combining the classic flavors of a good old-fashioned hamburger with the intense and scrumptious flavors of smoked bacon. Talk about tasty!
Print out the recipe card below to try out this delicious recipe for yourself!
- 16 strips of bacon
- 2 beef patties
- 2 hamburger buns
- Cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes, to garnish
- Create a bacon weave by laying out 4 pieces of bacon vertically and weaving another 4 strips across horizontally.
- Once weave is complete, lay patty in the center.
- Fold edges of bacon waves over and around the patty, and press gently into place.
- Repeat process with second burger.
- On wax-paper-lined cooking sheet, lay out both burgers.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 °F.
- Top with cheese if desired, garnish with tomatoes and lettuce, and sandwich between hamburger buns.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.