As a dedicated snacker, I consider myself a connoisseur of the snack food genre.
If it’s cheesy, crunchy, crispy, or salty, there’s a good chance I’ve enjoyed it around 10 a.m. with my mid-morning cup of coffee.
That’s why I’m always looking for new and interesting snack foods to try, with serious bonus points for anything I can make at home with ingredients I already have.
I’ve accepted that I’ll probably never manage to replicate my favorite cheese curls or sandwich cookies, but I have learned to make a mean homemade jalapeño popper!
And the next snack food coming out of my kitchen is just as crave worthy!
The expert recipe crafters at LittleThings have created their very own salty sweet take on trail mix, with deliciously crunchy and savory Bacon-Spiced Nuts.
Best of all, this quick and easy recipe requires just a handful of ingredients and seasonings, and takes only 15 minutes to make.
Print out the recipe below to try making this amazing snack for yourself!
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 party size jar of mixed nuts
- 2 Tbsps. brown sugar
1⁄4tsp. chili powder 1⁄2tsp. cumin 1⁄2Tbsp. salt
- Fry the bacon until very crisp, then remove, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Pour mixed nuts right on top of drippings, and mix well.
- Mix in brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Dice the cooked bacon from earlier, and mix it back in.
- Stir thoroughly for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.