I am trying to think of something I love more than chocolate chip cookies, and I can’t think of anything.
Now, I’m sure you have a classic recipe that has been passed down in your family from generations. Maybe your secret is extra sugar, baking soda, or melting your butter before hand.
As this chart of different ways to make chocolate chip cookies shows, everyone has their own method. And recently, I learned of a new secret ingredient: bacon!
It might sound crazy, but the salty/sweet bacon is a perfect addition to chocolate chip cookies. Don’t believe me?
Try it for yourself, and let us know what you think!
- 7 slices of bacon
- 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar (Use 1/2 cup for the bacon!)
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2) Line bacon on foil-lined sheet and sprinkle brown sugar on top.
3) Bake for 18 to 25 minutes. Turn over after 10 minutes.
4) Once cooled, chop it finely in a food processor.
5) Reduce oven to 325 °F.
6) Sift flour with baking soda
7) In another bowl, cream together the butter with the white and brown sugar.
8) Add 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
9) Mix with the flour.
10) Add diced bacon and chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
11) Place on a cookie sheet and bake until edges are brown.
How great do these look?
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.