Growing up, my mom would always bake cheesy herb monkey bread for us on the weekends.
Memory of this thick, ooey-gooey, pull-apart texture never left me, and, as an adult, I’m always on the lookout for recipes that deliver the same rich flavors and chewy bite.
In an exclusive video below, we share a recipe for bacon cheese bread. Unlike monkey bread, it’s all neatly packed into one compact little loaf.
But just like the bread of my childhood, it delivers the same fantastic punches of flavor, and even gives a unique, meaty twist.
Make sure to check out the recipe below for the full list of ingredients, then watch the video below for inspiration.
Will you be trying your hand at this scrumptious, cheesy bacon loaf in your kitchen?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.
Please SHARE if you love savory, golden, baked recipes like this!
- 4 eggs
- 5 oz. white wine
1⁄3oz. olive oil 1⁄2tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
1⁄2oz. bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. chopped parsley
- 7 oz. cooked ham, chopped
- 5 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, white wine, olive oil, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add flour and baking powder. Add mixture to egg mixture, and whisk well to combine.
- In a nonstick pan, add chopped bacon and onion. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, then set aside.
- To the flour mixture, add parsley, cooked ham, cheese, and the bacon and onion mixture.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon, until evenly combined.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan, and top with more cheese.
- Bake in oven at 360 °F for 1 hour.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
Please SHARE if you love cheesy bread recipes like this one!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.