Every week on LittleThings’ Facebook Live show Slice, we challenge food experts to create a delicious and easy-to-make dinner for less than $12. This week, we have invited Chef Cenobio Canalizo to the kitchen to put his skills to the test.
Chef Cenobio has over 20 years of experience in the industry and now works as the Executive Chef at the iconic New York restaurant, Michael Jordan’s The Steak House.
The restaurant is almost as legendary as the basketball player for whom it’s named. The Steak House is located in Grand Central terminal, and has become a destination for executives, commuters, and tourists alike.
Of course, one thing that all patrons have in common is a craving for a good steak, or any of Chef Cenobio’s other specialties.
Today, Chef Cenobio demonstrates how to make a universal crowd-pleaser — Michael Jordan’s Bacon Burger. As with every other meal featured on Slice, the Chef will have to create the meal from start to finish in 20 minutes, and for less than $12.
- Ground beef – $2.95
- Slab Bacon – .75
- Rolls – .90
- Tomato – .50
- Romaine lettuce – $1.25
- Red onion – .25
- Paprika, onion, and garlic seasoning – .20
- Cheddar cheese – .62
- Frozen French fries – $1.49
- Kosher salt and black pepper – .10
- Canola oil – $2.34
- Total = $11.35
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 6 oz. slab bacon
- 2 rolls
- 1 tomato
- 3 tablespoons flour
1⁄4teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄4teaspoon onion powder
- 2 oz. sliced cheddar cheese
- 20 oz. frozen French fries
- To taste kosher salt and black pepper
1⁄2gallon canola oil
- Build a medium-hot or charcoal fire.
- Season ground beef with spices, and separate into 8 oz. patties.
- Place burgers on grill and cook, waiting at least 4 minutes before flipping.
- Cook until both sides are browned and the burger is cooked to the desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare 8 oz. burgers.
- Let meat sit for 3 to 5 minutes before placing on bun and adding garnish. Enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.