Fall is my favorite season. I just can’t get enough of the cool, crisp air, the changing leaves, and fun autumn holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving.
But one of the best parts of the change from hot, sticky summer to breezy, mild fall is the return of autumn’s seasonal scents.
There are a few smells that are always associated with the fall season. The first one that always comes to mind for me is apple — as someone who loves apple picking, that familiar orchard scent is just another reason to look forward to autumn every year!
If you enjoy this season as much as I do, you’ll love these easy-to-make autumn-scented air fresheners. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can inexpensively bring your favorite fall scents into your home year-round!
Check out the materials and instructions below, then watch the video for more in-depth instructions to make your own air fresheners.
- small Mason jars
- 7 g powdered gelatin packet
- food coloring
- seasonal scented oils (like apple, citrus, vanilla, or cinnamon)
- fabric or paper
- decorative paper punches
- tongue depressor
- Pour a 7 g powdered gelatin packet into a small Mason jar. Add a drop of the food coloring of your choice.
- Fill with boiling water, then use a tongue depressor to stir until the color is evenly distributed.
- Add a drop of the scented oil of your choice. Leave the mixture to solidify overnight.
- Trace your Mason jar tops on fabric or paper, then cut them out.
- Use decorative paper punches with a fall-themed design to cut a shape into your lid-cutout paper or fabric.
- Place the cut paper or fabric inside the Mason jar lid, then seal your freshener-filled Mason jar.
- Enjoy your autumn-scented home!
Don’t forget to SHARE this video with your fellow autumn lovers!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.