She’s known for being glamorous and demure, arguably one of the finest actors and humanitarians of her generation, but Audrey Hepburn’s life and accomplishments go much deeper than surface-level beauty.
These incredible historic photos provide candid glimpses into the simple pleasures in the private life of Audrey, from time spent just goofing around with her family to mind-blowing facts about the star that you’ve never heard before.
Audrey Hepburn lived from May 4, 1929 to January 20, 1992, passing away at her home in Switzerland at the age of 63 due to complications with appendiceal cancer.
Her life is certainly one to be cherished and celebrated for years to come.
Please SHARE these amazing rare photos of Audrey Hepburn with everyone you know!
1. Audrey helped defeat the Nazis in World War II by raising money for the Dutch resistance and hiding money in her shoe.
2. She owned a beloved pet deer, whom she got to know while filming "Green Mansions."
3. Her name was Pippin, and she was a very special friend of Audrey's.
4. Everywhere she went, animals seemed to flock to her, like this donkey she met in the countryside in 1955.
5. She did her own makeup while backstage at the 1954 Academy Awards, having been nominated for her work in "Roman Holiday."
6. Winning an Oscar was a very emotional moment for her.
7. In fact, Audrey has won every possible award for stars of her time, including an Oscar, a Tony, an Emmy, a Grammy, and a Golden Globe.
8. She was a playful and dedicated mom. Here she plays with her son Sean.
9. She kept things light and goofy on the set of her films.
10. Audrey on the set of "Funny Face" in Paris, 1956.
11. With her husband Mel Ferrer in Paris, 1965.
12. She remained stunningly beautiful throughout her entire life. Here she is in 1988 at the age of 59.
13. She was a proud member of UNICEF from 1988 to 1992, traveling to the world's poorest countries and visiting with international orphanages.
14. In fact, her first UNICEF expedition involved a trip to Ethiopia, where she worked with beautiful children like the one pictured.
15. Her final trip with UNICEF took place in 1992 in Somalia, and the experience touched her deeply.
16. "I walked into a nightmare," she recalled. "I have seen famine in Ethiopia and Bangladesh, but I have seen nothing like this – so much worse than I could possibly have imagined. I wasn’t prepared for this."
17. Audrey has been featured on the cover of nearly every major magazine. Her life and accomplishments will live on forever via images!
Please SHARE these incredible Audrey Hepburn facts and photos!
H/T: Best Movies By Farr, Boredpanda