Apple pie is one of my favorite desserts of all time.
But whenever I can experiment with a tasty twist on this classic dessert, I am more than willing to give it a shot, like with these unbelievable apple pie fries.
And now that I’ve stumbled upon this recipe for apple pie tacos, I cannot wait to try it out at home.
In this exclusive video, you’ll see just how simple it is to whip up a batch of apple pie tacos, with your very own homemade filling and cinnamon-sugar tortilla shells.
I may not be an expert pastry chef, but this recipe is definitely easy enough for someone like me. And the results look so good that my friends and family will be begging me to make these.
Scroll through below for this delicious recipe, and then watch the video to catch this fun twist on a traditional dish in action!
- 4 large apples
1⁄3cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsps. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
1⁄2tsp. nutmeg 1⁄2cup water
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbsps. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsps. ground cinnamon
- Frying oil
- Salted caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Peel, slice, and core apples.
- Combine apple slices, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, water, butter, and lemon juice in saucepan over heat.
- Turn heat to medium and stew the apples for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix granulated sugar and ground cinnamon on a plate.
- Fry tortillas in oil until golden brown.
- Coat tortillas with cinnamon-sugar mixture until evenly covered.
- Fill tortillas with apple pie mix.
- Add salted caramel sauce and whipped cream, as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Will you be giving this recipe a shot? Let us know in the comments.
Don't forget to print out the recipe, and please SHARE with friends and family!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.