Apple pie is high up there in the list of delicious, iconic all-American foods.
The amazingly versatile dessert can be transformed easily into a variety of creative and party-ready dishes, like this stunning, sweet, and sticky caramel apple pie slab.
In an exclusive video below, we share the easy steps to making your own apple pie fries at home. All you’ll need is some store-bought pie crust, some filling, and a hot oven!
These “fries” are as delicious as they are healthy. Instead of being dipped in the fryer, they’ll sizzle in the oven, and take on a delightful, crispy golden-brown color when they’re done.
Feel free to dip them in melted caramel sauce, or add in any other ingredients and condiments that your heart desires.
Scroll on for the recipe, then make sure to watch the video down below for inspiration.
Will you be trying your hand at these delectable apple pie fries at home? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Please SHARE if you love new, creative ways of whipping up your favorite foods!
- 1 package pie crust (with 2 crusts), thawed
1⁄2cups apple pie filling
- 1 egg, beaten
- Granulated sugar
- Cinnamon seasoning
- Nutmeg seasoning
- Caramel sauce, for dipping
- Dust work surface with flour to prevent sticking.
- Roll out first pie crust. Spread apple pie filling evenly over crust.
- Roll out second pie crust, and place directly over bottom crust. Make sure the layers are even.
- Spread egg wash over surface of top crust.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to make crust seasoning. Sprinkle generously over top crust.
- Cut "pie" into 1/2-inch strips with a pizza cutter, to form the shape of fries.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 °F.
- Serve with caramel dipping sauce, and enjoy!
Please SHARE this amazing recipe for apple pie fries with all friends and family, and let us know in the comments what other delicious baked desserts you love.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.