In the middle of winter, there’s nothing better than warming your belly with a piping hot slice of apple pie!
Still, we sometimes crave pie in a more grab-and-go form. Pie is wonderful, but it’s not easy to eat in the car.
That’s why we love any recipe that takes all the traditional pie fixings and turns them into something we can eat on the run, like these adorable apple pie pizzas!
In the same vein, we’re totally stoked for our latest recipe, apple pie cookies. They’re cute as can be, simple to make, and of course, delicious.
An ordinary pie might require lots of careful fussing to get just right, but these cookies take the mystery out of the whole process.
In fact, you can make your own filling and crust if you like, but we happen to think they taste just perfect with the store-bought versions.
Scroll through below to check out the recipe, and print it to try at home!
- 1 jar Apple pie filling
- 2 Pie crusts
- Egg wash
- Cinnamon sugar
- Blend apple pie filling until semi-smooth. Set aside.
- Roll out one pie crust, then use cookie cutters to divide it into circles.
- Roll out second pie crust and cut it into thin strips. Weave these strips into a lattice.
- Dollop pie filling onto solid circles.
- Use cookie cutters to cut circles out of the pie-dough lattice.
- Place lattice sections on top of pie filling, and crimp into place.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake 20 to 30 minutes at 350 °F.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.