Pizza is probably my favorite food but, then again, isn’t it everyone’s?
My reasoning: It is the ultimate indulgent treat and is the perfect addition to parties, get togethers, or nights in with your family.
Everyone has their favorite toppings, such as pepperoni, pineapple, and even butternut squash. My personal favorite is something spicy, like green chili or red pepper flakes.
In the mood for something a little more creative to top off your pizza with? Let me suggest eggs. It may seem a little strange, but eggs actually add a lot of flavor and depth to a pie.
Though it may be difficult to find a delivery place that will add eggs to the top of a pizza, making your own at home is really easy.
If you’ve never made your own pizza before, it can be a fun thing to try with family or friends — plus, you can load it up with as many of your favorite toppings as you’d like.
All you need to make this breakfast pizza is pre-made dough, your favorite toppings, and of course, eggs. (We always prefer Eggland’s Best Eggs.)
This recipe can be used to spice up your normal breakfast routine, but really, this can be served for any meal.
If you’re interested in trying a new take on pizza and learning even more interesting ways to incorporate eggs into your meals, check out the recipe below to learn how to construct and cook this totally delicious, anytime breakfast pizza.
- 3 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 package of pizza dough
1⁄4cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup baby arugula
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp. scallions, minced
- Preheat the oven to 500 °F.
- Roll out pizza dough.
- Sprinkle the dough with Parmesan, goat cheese, and cooked bacon.
- Add mushrooms and grape tomatoes evenly.
- Crack 3 Eggland’s Best eggs onto the pizza.
- Bake the pizza for 5 minutes. Rotate and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until the crust is brown and the eggs are cooked to taste.
- Cool and top with the arugula, parsley, and scallions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.