The Duggars aren’t your ordinary family. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, along with their 19 children (nine girls and ten boys, including two sets of twins!), have let America into their lives on the popular TLC show “19 Kids and Counting.” Even though they’ve put their lives in the spotlight, the family still has plenty of secrets.
With so many family members, there are plenty of fun facts about this famous brood. Did you know all 19 of the Duggar children are given a list of chores starting at age 3? And while they have simple tasks, the older kids are in charge of doing 40 loads of laundry per week! Whew, that’s a lot of clothes!
Click through the gallery below to learn more about the Duggars and their 19 Kids and Counting.
Enjoy and please SHARE.
1. Michelle has been pregnant 144 months of her life. (That's 12 years!)
2. Jim Bob Duggar served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002.
3. The Duggars do 40 loads of laundry per week! Their home has four washers and dryers.
4. Jim and Michelle Duggar were married when he was 19 and she was 17.
5. The Duggars go through 16 boxes of cereal and 7 gallons of milk each week. And spend approx. $3,000 on groceries a month.
6. The Duggars' dining room table is 18 feet long.
7. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have 19 children: Nine girls and ten boys (including two sets of twins!), all of whose names begin with the letter "J".
8. The average American wedding has 140 guests. The Duggars invited between 1,500 guests to their daughter Jill's wedding!
9. Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald didn't hold hands until he popped the question. The couple didn't even kiss during their wedding ceremony.
10. The most popular birth month of the Duggars is December. Jinger, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jordyn and Josie all have December birthdays!
11. Before their TLC fame, The Duggars made their TV debut on "16 Children and Moving In," which documented the construction of their new home.
12. Michelle is the baby in her family with five older sisters and one brother.
13. Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar is the only Duggar with 4 names.
14. The Duggars' home has 9 bathrooms and 7 showers.
15. After first getting married in 1984, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar renewed their marriage vows in 2009.
courtesy of the Duggar family
16. Michelle's favorite quote: "To say that there are too many children is like saying there are too many flowers."
17. The kids earn 3 cents for each chore they complete.
18. With nine children above and below him, Jedidiah is the middle child... for now!
19. None of the Duggar children were born in June. But Josh Duggar's wife Anna and son Michael both have June birthdays.