Cheers to your health, Charlie!!! A Maltese terrier in Australia is alive today thanks to quick-thinking veterinarians, who fed him copious amounts of something I did not expect… straight vodka!
Charlie was brought in by his owner after accidentally drinking antifreeze from their garage. Ethylene glycol tastes sweet to dogs, but causes kidney failure and the only antidote they had available was alcohol. The pup was hooked up to a machine that fed him vodka through his nose over the course of 48 hours. Charlie’s owner said he was “definitely drunk”, stumbling around and vomiting like a drunk person would. Today Charlie is sober and doing well! However, veterinarians advise to NEVER try to do this yourself – always bring the pet to the vet! Please SHARE with other pet parents!